Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Hate YouTube.

Am I the only person in the world who hates YouTube? My younger brother (21) is so disracted by this effing site, that whenever we are chatting online, he interjects with a YouTube link. This tells me two things:

1) I know that IM chatting is informal, but my brother must be so disinterested in what I am saying that he has to watch a YouTube video while I am asking him about school. A British advertisement or older lady dancing to a rap song is far more important than me.
And 2) The person posting the YouTube link on their blog, myspace profile, or as a link in an IM or e-mail is PROVING to me that they spend a lot of time on YouTube looking for videos that they think I would like. Thanks, but I do just fine rotting my brain with my own tools on my own time.

I'd like undivided attention during our weekly five-minute chat. Curiosity never gets the best of me, and I have never clicked your YouTube link. I have never seen anything educational - let me take that back - I've never seen anything that's even been a step above PURE SMUT on YouTube. Read a book.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:39 PM

    How can you hate this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqXYwNDrU8k

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you are the only person who hates youtube.

    ReplyDelete