Tuesday, August 22, 2006

‘Cause All You Need is a Pretty Song

It is twenty-five below zero in my office. My left eye itches – kind of like there is an eye lash in it or if I just made out with a big, fluffy cat to which I am allergic. My right eye is weepy. I keep rubbing both of them. I slept approximately 10 hours last night, but I am still sleepy. Or maybe my eyes are just tricking me into thinking that I am drowsy since they hurt so much and I don't want to keep them open.

Jen called to inform me that she in fact had not been kidnapped on the Metra SouthWest service line, but that she has the day off. Must be nice. I wish I were on vacation. Why is it that everyone is on vacation? Or planning a vacation? Why am I stuck here with my weepy eyes staring at this piece of crap computer? I swear I will reach the end of the Internet soon. What will I do then? Turn it off and read something corporeal? But what would I be doing at home? Watching Maury? Walking the dog? Eating? Napping? Well, all of that sounds ok right about now.

I know I sound like I am in a bad mood, but I’m really not. Life is pretty much all sunshine and puppy dogs for now. Thank God I don’t wear a watch; I would have already looked at it forty-seven times today. Yesterday went by so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment