Sunday, January 23, 2005

i am a big loser

I just got done shoveling the stairs and walkway leading up to my house. The funny thing about my family is that they freaking snowblow (yes, we have one; I'm embarassed about it, too) the entire sidewalk and everywhere that no one walks, but they never do the front stairs. Do you have any idea how GHETTO it looks when the snow is a foot high on the stairs. No one uses our front door, especially not during the winter. I have never used the front door of any house or apartment I have lived in. "Apartment?", you ask... yes, there was a law for a while stating that each apartment with more than one bedroom had to have two entries. I used the one that didn't come into the living room. :)

There was a blizzard in Chicago yesterday. I think we got about 14 inches where I am. I heard that the closer to the Lake you were, the more snow you had.

Football today. I am lookinng forward to it. Just another reason for me not to read the books I am required to read:

The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon is one. So far, I hate it.


I did something incredibly stupid. I had been meaning to drop a class that I'd never been to since the semester began. See, I wanted to take at least 18 credit hours this semester. I didn't think it would be that big a deal, but it was. I don't think I would have had a problem with it if it were spread out over the week, but I was set to go Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8AM to 4:45PM. It's rough. By 1:45PM I was tired and had to drag myself through the Sociology class I had at 2PM.

So anyway, I didn't drop the class. I kept putting it off, trying to decide if taking it (or actually attending it once) would be in my best interest. I missed the drop date and now in order to get out of it I'd have to take a W on my transcript. I don't really know much about it and I'm not sure exactly how that would look to law schools. I guess I have a decision to make.

I'm fat. I am going to begin starving myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment